Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Book Clubbin'

Last night I attended my first ever book club. Now I've never been to a book club either as an author or a reader but I am a huge Absolutely Fabulous fan so naturally I assumed book club might go something like this :


And it did. Just kidding. 

Book club was awesome. The ladies of the Lit Chicks were a rocking bunch. They had so may questions and as many of you already know, I don't have the answers! But I am busy on the sequel so there will be answers soon. 

I love hearing different peoples opinions on the book. As I reader I know that the things I take away from a book aren't always the same things someone else will. Reading is a deeply personal experience and I believe that we also project our own thoughts, feelings and life experiences onto the text. 

But I have to say that the ladies of the Lit Chicks were pretty spot on with their observations of My Deliberate Mistake. And it didn't hurt that there was a sex therapist (hi Joe Ann!) in the group who concurred that Ana's sexual behavior was spot on for someone as damaged as her and that the sex was hot. That pretty much made my evening alone!

So thanks to Suzanne for organizing this and to all the ladies of the Lit Chicks. You guys rock! Thanks for having me.


Oh and did I mention there was cake?






No comments:

Post a Comment